Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Shelter Dogs (8) Bronx

Most dogs at Humane Society of Sarasota County I do not get to know very well - there are many and the adoption rate is quite high. Except for some recent construction that slowed things down some, the turn over of dogs is impressive. Outreach efforts by HSSC spur the adoption possibilities. One Saturday morning (February 2010) I volunteered to help out at the Adventure Land Park at Lakewood Ranch. I was assigned to look after Bronx a newly received Dachshund. So we got acquainted and I walked the little guy around on a leash while he politely investigated the local bushes, a few cars and several shiny pickup trucks. But for most of the four hours Bronx was content to sit on my lap, eat snacks and join me in watching the local festivities. We both had a pleasant day and he was adopted a few days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment